|Name||Basic Aerodrome Control|
Aim of the course
The course introduces participants to Air Traffic Services in general and develops essential specific skills and theoretical knowledge in Air Traffic Services procedures and techniques prior to aerodrome control course as required by ICAO Annex1.
Minimum age: 21 years.
Education or qualification requirements: Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with passes in Physics or Mathematics and Geography.
Medical requirements: Class 3
Linguistic requirements: English language proficiency (minimum ICAO level 4).
Course content (Theoretical training)
You will acquire knowledge of the principles, ideas and practical skills for Air Traffic Services procedures and techniques prior to aerodrome control course through the following subjects
- ICAO, AirLaws and Rules of the Air.
- Air Traffic Management Theory.
- Aircraft Recognition and Principles of Flight.
- Aviation Meteorology.
- Aerodromes and Ground Aids.
- Aeronautical Information Services.
- Communication Procedures.
- Communication, Navigation and Surveillance.
- Air Navigation Theory.
- Introduction to Human Factors.
- Introduction to Performance Based Navigation.
- Introduction to Safety Management system.
Who should attend
Aspirants of Air Traffic Services functions