|Name||Performance Based Navigation|
Aim of the course
The course is intended to assist trainees to describe the ICAO Performance Based Navigation (PBN) concept.
Participants will able to explain the meaning and principles associated with area navigation (RNAV) and the ICAO performance based navigation (PBN) concept which replaces the Required Navigation Performance (RNP) concept.
- Minimum age: 21 years.
- Education or Qualification Requirements: A minimum of High school education with a working experience of at least 3 years as; Air Traffic Controllers, ANSP managers and supervisors, Beginners in ATC procedures and airspace design, Aircraft operators especially flight operations and planning managers and personnel, National and civil aviation authorities.
- Medical requirements: Nil
- Linguistic requirements: Fluent in English Language.
Credits for previous knowledge, experience or other qualifications
- Air Traffic Controllers
- ANSP managers and supervisors
- Beginners in ATC procedures and airspace design
- Aircraft operators especially flight operations and planning managers and personnel
- National and civil aviation authorities.
Course content (Theoretical training)
You will acquire knowledge of the principles and ideas of Performance based navigation system course in the following topics:-
- Evolution of ICAO Navigation Specifications.
- ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan and timeline.
- FANS, CNS/ATM, RNP, RNP/RNAV.
- Types of Area Navigation (RNAV) systems, including;RNAV systems and individual navigation system technologies: DME/DME, IRU, INS, GNSS, GPS, SBAS, GBAS, Galileo.
- GNSS theory, separation standards, benefits
- RNAV and RNP procedure design
- Instrument Approach Procedures
- Controlling aircraft using Standard Instrument Departures and Arrivals (SIDs, STARs)
Who should attend
Aviation practitioners who want to acquire knowledge on PBN