Aim of the course
The course provides participants with Air traffic control theory, principles and practice of aerodrome control in accordance with ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices. Also prepares the participants for training at an aerodrome control tower in order to obtain aerodrome control rating
Minimum age: 21years.
Education or Qualification Requirements: Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with passes in Physics or Mathematics and Geography
Medical requirements: Class 3
Linguistic requirements: English language proficiency (minimum ICAO level 4).
Credits for previous knowledge, experience or other qualifications
Basic Aerodrome control or Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with passes in Physics or Mathematics and Geography
Course content (Theoretical training and Practical)
You will acquire knowledge of the principles, ideas and practical skills (3D tower simulator and live traffic) in Aerodrome Control positions through the following subjects
- ICAO, AirLaws and Rules of the Air.
- Air Traffic Management Theory.
- Aviation Meteorology.
- Aerodromes and Ground Aids.
- Aeronautical Information Services.
- Aircraft Recognition and Principles of Flight.
- Communication Navigation and Surveillance.
- Communication Procedures.
- Air Navigation Theory.
- Air Navigation Plotting.
- Introduction to Human Factors.
- Introduction to Performance Based Navigation.
- Introduction to Safety Management system.
Who should attend
Aspirants of Air Traffic Services functions