|Name||AIS Digital Cartography|
Aim of the course
This course is designed to impart knowledge and skills to aeronautical information practitioners on collection, processing, presenting and interpretation of Aeronautical spatial data using digital means.
Minimum age: 21 years.
Education or Qualification Requirements: Aeronautical Information Officers Course.
Medical requirements: Nil.
Linguistic requirements: Fluent in English Language.
Credits for previous knowledge, experience or other qualifications
Aeronautical Information Officers Course and have cartographic background.
Course Contents (Theoretical training and Practical Skills)
You will acquire knowledge, principles, ideas and practical skills for production of Aeronautical charts through the following subjects:-
- Chart Construction
- Aerodrome and Ground Aids
- Navigation Theory and plotting
- Maps/Charts production using digital means (Case study).
- Principles of Cartography
- Basic Concepts of Procedure design
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Aerodrome spatial data
- Introduction to Geodesy and Global Positioning System (GPS)
Who should attend