|Name||Aeronautical Mobile Services|
Aim of the course
This course is designed to impart knowledge and skills in the air-ground communication to aeronautical information practitioners and other aviation experts.
Minimum age: 21 years.
Education or Qualification Requirements: Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination(ACSEE) or equivalent
Medical requirements: Nil.
Linguistic requirements: Fluent in English Language.
Credits for previous knowledge, experience or other qualifications
Aviation Professionals (Pilots, Flight crew, Flight Operations Officers/Flight Dispatchers, AIM Officers, ground handlers and flight plan practitioners including military and police force aviation experts).
Course Contents (Theoretical training and practical )
You will acquire knowledge, principles, ideas and practical skills to exercise Aerodrome Flight Information Functions through the following topics.
- Categories of messages handled by Aeronautical Mobile Service
- Transmission of Aeronautical Mobile Service messages in radiotelephony (Radiotelephony Transmitting techniques)
- Word phrases used in radiotelephony
- Radiotelephony procedures
- Radiotelephony distress and urgency communication procedures
- Aeronautical broadcasting service.
- Station reporting writing
Who should attend
Aspirants of Aeronautical Flight Information Sevices (AFIS) functions.