|Name||ASTP123 Basic Course|
Aim of the course
The course is designed to impart trainees with knowledge of Aviation Security, develop skills in applying security procedures and measures and perform security tasks efficiently thus enhancing aviation security at the airport.
- Minimum age:18 years
- Education or Qualification Requirements: Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) or Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with Diploma from a recognized Institution.
- Medical requirements: Nil.
- Linguistic requirements: Fluent in English language.
Course content (Theoretical training and Practical)
You will acquire knowledge of the principles, ideas and practical skills on Basic Aviation Security through the following modules:-
- Overview of the International Civil Aviation Organization
- Working at the Airport
- Access Control - People
- Access Control – Vehicle
- Recognition of Explosive Devices and Other Restricted Articles
- Building Search Procedures
- Patrolling and Guarding
- Screening and Searching Passengers and Baggage.
- Conventional X- Ray Equipment
- Protection of Aircraft
Who should attend
New entrants in the field of aviation security with Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or its equivalent.