|Name||ASTP123 Cargo and Mail Security|
Aim of the course
To integrate knowledge of ICAO SARPS into the context of your designated role in your organization as part of a national responsibility to secure air cargo and mail against acts of unlawful interference – in accordance with Annex 17 and the ICAO Aviation Security Manual (Doc 8973- Restricted).
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Education or Qualification Requirements: STP 123/Basic Aviation Security course.
- Medical requirements: Nil.
- Linguistic requirements: Fluent in English language.
Credits for previous knowledge, experience or other qualifications
STP 123/Basic Aviation Security course.
Course content (Theoretical training and Practical)
You will acquire knowledge of the principles, ideas and practical skills on Air cargo and mail security through the following modules: -
- Cargo and Mail Security in context
- The Secure Supply Chain
- Facility and Personnel Security & Training
- Chain of Custody
- Oversight and Compliance
- Security of Mail
- Restricted Articles Prohibited Items and Dangerous Goods
Who should attend
Prospective air cargo and mail security personnel and those with responsibilities for the implementation of security measures related to the accepting, documenting and handling cargo.