|Name||Pre Search and Rescue|
Aim of the course
This course provides participants with theoretical and practical knowledge on aeronautical search and rescue (SAR) operations and prepares them to conduct SAR operations in their respective Rescue Coordination Centres (RCCs). General SAR procedures as well as procedures relating specifically to aeronautical SAR will be covered
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Education or Qualification Requirements: Air traffic controler, pilots or flight operations personnel.
- Medical requirements: Nil
- Linguistic requirements: Fluent in English Language.
Credits for previous knowledge, experience or other qualifications
Air traffic controllers, pilots or flight operations personnel.
Course content (Theoretical training)
Trainees will acquire knowledge of the principles and ideas of Pre search and rescue course in the following subjects:-
- ICAO/IMO SAR Conventions, Annexes and SAR Manuals
- SAR Organization and Resources
- SAR Operating Procedures
- Navigation plotting review
- Determination of Search Area
- Allocation of Search and rescue aircraft
- Aerial Search Patterns
- Rescue Planning
- Briefing and Debriefing of Search and rescue Personnel
- Search and rescue Communication
- Satellite-Aided Search and Rescue
Who should attend